Have you been trying to lose some inches?
Are you too afraid to go on a diet?
Are you a foodie and hate the bland taste of diet food?
Cutting down some calories is undoubtedly a necessity when it comes to losing weight, but there is no denying the fact that this journey from fat to fit can be made a rather enjoyable ride by including some low-cal high-on-energy food items. Gone are the days when you would have to stuff your mouth with bland salads and bitter juices; instead here is an array of tasty options to quench your hunger with, while on a diet.
- Experiment a bit with eggs- Experiment with your eggs and infuse it with some irresistible flavours to enjoy a high on protein wholesome meal. Choose among the classics- hard-boiled, scrambled and omelette or something fancy like broccoli and feta omelette with toasted bread. Eggs can be beaten and eaten any time of the day! They fill your tummy fast and hence give a filling of fullness for quite some time. Also, they are rich in protein and a must for all the non-vegetarians
- Include some nut butter in your diet- The monounsaturated fats in nut butter make them a delicious and healthy choice. Apart from fighting away heart disease, nut butter like peanut butter is infused with healthy fats, proteins and fibre. These give you a feeling of satisfaction and help in curbing your hunger pangs. Replace your usual jams and dips with these creamy textured butter to get an enriched diet. Some popular nut butter includes- cashew butter, almond butter and peanut butter.
- Try some Greek yoghurt- Here we are not talking about the sugary yoghurts available in the market but plain two percent yoghurt. It is used as a base and can be topped up with some flax seeds, different fruits or even a drizzle of maple syrup. Also replacing regular yoghurt with Greek yoghurt doubles up your protein intake. It is also a great source of calcium and healthy fats.
- Opt for whole wheat pasta- No need to give up this all-time favourite Italian delicacy, instead opt for its healthier version. While regular pasta contains simple carbs, whole wheat pasta contains a tremendous amount of nutrients like vitamin B, fibre and protein. Just make sure to keep your portion size small and you can derive all of its benefits. Don’t forget to include some green leafy vegetables in your pasta preparations to make it even healthier.
- Curb your sugar cravings with fruits- Don’t be dissuaded by the sugar content in fruits like bananas, instead include them in your diet to increase your nutrient intake. A single banana is infused with vitamin C, copper, manganese, potassium and magnesium. Aim for about 2-3 servings of fruits per day. Other rich in nutrients and delicious in taste fruits include- melons, berries, and apples. Their high water content is of major benefit.
- Consider smoothies for breakfast- Detox smoothies are a relatively tasty option when it comes to diet food. Quick and easy to prepare; the weight-loss smoothies are packed with refreshing fruits and serves as the best breakfast option. Combine fat-free yoghurt with fruits like mangoes, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, banana, and raspberries while topping it with some grounded flax seeds to increase its nutrients. You can infuse it with some peanut butter or dark chocolate as they are also low on calorie content. The creamy texture and refreshingly infused flavours make smoothies a popular diet food.
- Include seeds in your diet- Try to include seeds in your diet, namely- Chia seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Flax seeds, etc. you can find a great amount of fibre, omega and fatty acids in these seeds which are also tasty. Drizzle some over your yoghurt, infuse it your breakfast smoothie or just munch some while watching your favourite show!
- Eat avocados- Though avocados are not very easily available in all parts of our country, you can surely spot them at the supermarkets. This wonderful creamy addition acts as a healthy replacement for oils and butter. They can be mashed, topped with toasted bread, sliced and baked into fries or even turned into guacamole. The variety of dishes that can be prepared using avocado makes it a popular choice. Acts as a good source of fibre, healthy fats, potassium and vitamin E.
Apart from these numbered points, there are a number of diet foods that you can experiment with. Starving oneself or having bland and tasteless food will not help you in weight loss, though it might pull you into a depressed state. So try to make some lifestyle changes, burn some calories in a gym and include these nutrient-rich foods in your diet to get that ideal figure you aim for!