No matter how beautifully done interiors our homes have, we never stop hunting for some affordable home décor ideas to constantly refresh our interiors. These days you can find hundreds of DIY ideas to boost up your abode, but all these hacks utilize a lot of time and are usually heavy on the pocket. So here is a list of some savvy ideas that will fit your budget and will give the ultimate décor makeover to your place-
- Add lighting and shimmer with mirrors- Add some mirrors to increase light and drama in your interiors. Prop framed mirrors on the wall and adorn it with some simple light bulbs or a splash of spray paint.
A large mirror serves many functions in a room. It is both a visual treat and a utility in any room. If it is perfectly angled against the wall, it tricks the mind and the ceiling appears even higher than it actually is. When it reflects light, it brightens the space and provides the illusion of an extra window. A single well-placed mirror has the power to make a small room seem larger. They are a cost-friendly alternative than any other art piece or painting. Add some light and shimmer to the dull corners and bring elegance to even the tiniest of places!
- Personalize bare things- Anything bare is nothing but a great opportunity to personalize and customize your décor. You can do a number of things to make them the centerpiece of your home- a simple bare tabletop or even walls give you a lot of options. Have a piece of glass cut to fit the tabletop's dimensions, then scatter some pictures, snapshots, postcards, or printed fabric beneath it. Mine your albums for your best shots and put them in identical frames; in fact, you can even opt for the theme here- weddings, birthday parties, vacations, etc. Hang in a tight grid or a long line; remember that you can’t go wrong if you stick to a geometric arrangement. Make a low-cost display from all the birthday and holiday greetings you've collected by clipping them to a string and hanging on a bare wall. Plates in unexpected colors make a fresh wall arrangement. Vary hues, sizes, textures and put the most dramatic plate toward the center.
- Convert regular to statement- Instead of buying new furniture you can give your existing piece a makeover by experimenting with a new pattern. Be a little daring and experiment to see how a simple chair can be completely transformed into a statement piece. You can find a number of videos on the internet about how to make a buttoned chair cover. Create a focal point in your room without overspending. You can start by updating your windows. A roller blind is a great pocket-friendly and impactful option. Whether you opt for a subtle floral-pattern or statement stripes, it is bound to give your interiors a punch of color and texture.
- Utilize the ceiling- Never forget the fifth wall! Paint the ceiling in bright and vibrant hues. It is a great, inexpensive way to get more design mileage out of a room. Though most houses flaunt a white ceiling overhead, coloring ceiling in vibrant shades gives something interesting to look at. Opt for shades of blue, lavender, lime and pastel hues that draw the eye up without being too brash.
- Add quirky lighting- Buy some glass mason jars and jugs to illuminate the dull nook and corners of your home. A marvelously designed home is pointless if you can’t see it clearly, and lighting is a cost-effective way to transform dull and cave-like rooms into warm and well-lit spaces. Renew an old lamp with a new lampshade and if you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, you can experiment with some DIYs. Also, candles look amazing when massed, particularly on a spacious surface, like a coffee table. Group four or five pillars of different heights (same color) in glass containers and impart an elegant touch to your place. You can even fill a glass jug with Christmas lights to fashion a tricked-out table lamp. The right lighting can transform the mood of your scheme at very little cost. Buy a fresh vibrant shade for your lamp or replace mismatched table lamps with stylish matching ones and place one on either side of your sofa or bed, and see your room suddenly transform.
- Add bits of nature- Use some natural elements like seashells and other beach bounties to warm up any part of your home by creating a rustic and relaxed display. Forget spending lots of money and just step out your front door to find some earthy art pieces. Even a tall branch of birch tree becomes art when propped against the wall. Also utilize branches and twigs in tall vases, or bowls of rocks and shells. Hang some terracotta pots with small ornamental plants in your verandah.
- Add a splash of color- Perk up a dull room with vibrant hits of a color like green, yellow and turquoise. Make sure to limit the colors to one per room, and select other accessories in neutral tones, such as parchment and white. You can also pile on some fluffy vibrantly hued cushions as nothing is cozier than a pile of pillows. For a funky and mismatched look, choose pillows that have different patterns in complementary colors. Shop your household items in the same color family- cutlery, pitchers, clock, books, and pottery come together to make this interesting grouping. Dress up plain chairs by adding a colorful scarf to them. This is an easy way to pop some color into a room. You can change it when you wish or with the seasons. Tame unruly curtains with scarves, belts, or ribbon. If you are not sure what colors to go for, take inspiration from the palette of your walls and floor.
These pocket-friendly ways are a great way to rejuvenate your interiors. So break the monotony of your home and bring in some happy vibes by incorporating some or all of the above elements!